Nearly 70% graduation rate among participants who left Serna Village in 2008. They increased employment by 88% and reduced welfare dependence by 32%.
Eighty-three apartments offer over 100 recently homeless parents and more than 200 children a place to call “home”.
150 families have graduated from the program since opening in 2002.
- Nearly 80% success rate
- Over 70% of children returning from out-of-home placement
- Named North Highlands “Business Leader of the Year” (2003)
Program applicants commit to:
- Maintain sobriety
- Pursue self-defined personal development goals
- Render voluntary community service
- Meet H.U.D. definition of “homeless”
- Six month sobriety before entering the program
- At least one adult has a disability
- Referred by another community agency